Saturday, June 13, 2015

My new blog "Below The Turret Ring"


I have decided to start a blog. As you most likely don't know me, let me tell you a bit about my experience with blogging or hosting my own websites:
I am usually quite enthusiastic about it on the first few days, but after a certain time I might get distracted and end up posting just once every few months. Maybe this blog will die after a weeks of posting, maybe it will stay here for a year or more. Let's see where this journey leads!

What is this blog about? 

This blog is about tanks and modern weaponry mainly. The whole topic might be cross-linked to the new game Armored Warfare from Obsidian, which is currently in the early access stage (and quite fun to play).
I try to write articles based on my amateur knowledge of modern vehicles, modern technology and politics. If I find some interesting news topics, I might post them here and discuss them.

Why the name? 

Well, obviously I am very unimaginative. I failed at coming up with a better name within the 15 minutes of deciding to start a new blog. I wanted some name that is a methapor for being inside the topic and this was the first idea that has anything to do with tanks. E.g. several tanks - like the Isreali Merkava and the British Chieftain - are designed to store potential sources of explosion (propellant charges and ammunition) below the turret ring to increase the chances of the crew surviving after the armor has been penetrated.
I don't know if this is possible with blogger, but in case of me finding a better name, I might rename this blog.


Anything else to know?

I am not a very fluent speaker or writer of the English language, as it is not my mothertongue. Please feel free to correct and criticize me when I make horrendous gramatical or spelling errors - otherwise I'll never learn to do it correct!


- blogger_mm

1 comment:

  1. Sehr geehrter Herr m.m.,

    wir haben die Vermutung, dass Sie Deutscher sind und deshalb schreibe ich direkt auf Deutsch. Ich würde Sie gerne im Rahmen meiner Masterarbeit interviewen und da ich keine Kontaktmöglichkeit hier auf Ihrem Blog gefunden habe, versuche ich es auf diese Weise. Ich würde mich sehr über eine Antwort von Ihnen freuen. E-Mail-Adresse: loowa01@gmail.com
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    LooWa

    ReplyDelete